Syncing a blockchain is always a time consuming and painful process. Fortunately, with the Reddcoin Core Bootstrap, you can speed up the syncing and staking Reddcoin process on a fresh install of the Reddcoin Core Wallet.
Here is how it works!
1. Download bootstrap.dat.xz from
2. Extract it:
– Linux: xz -d bootstrap.dat.xz
– Mac: You can obtain xz from MacPorts or macpkg.sourceforge.net
– Windows: install 7Zip or WinRar
3. Copy bootstrap.dat to the Reddcoin home directory, which can be found:
– Linux: ~/.reddcoin
– Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Reddcoin
– Windows (one of the following):
4. Start wallet which will automatically import blockchain from bootstrap.dat
5. After import is finished, bootstrap.dat will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old which can be deleted to save disk space.
Share this graphic socially and spread the word about staking Reddcoin to earn extra RDD social currency!