Dear community, July has been a month of activity and team building, we are happy to share the following updates with you.
NEM Foundation Q1 ROI Executive Summary
NEM Foundation released their Q1 ROI Executive Summary, which demonstrates our commitment of transparency to the community. The Executive Summary is complete with an explainer video and to learn more about it or to just read the summary, please click here.
NEM Learning Portal: codename NEM Academy
Foundation is in full development of a new online global learning portal to become the centralized onramp for users to learn hands-on about NEM through exams, certifications, SMEs, videos/tutorials, and events. Free and premium content will be available.
- Project is on track with first modules underway including courses, animations, and videos.
- Website design has moved from concept to implementation.
- Flora Fang has joined the team as the head of Business Development APAC region operating out of Taiwan.
- Amy Chung also joins the team working under Business Development in the APAC region.
- Leon Xiong Business Development Director for China Mainland rejoining the team with Steve Li.
We have opportunities to join the NEM Foundation team:
- Global Marketing Director
- Chief Revenue Officer
- Technical Writer (Malaysia)
- Software Engineer (Malaysia)
The NEM Foundation is happy to announce our partnership with Tech Bureau Holdings to expand the reach of mijin Catapult v.2 outside of Japan.
Link to the full Press Release can be found here.
We are pleased to share with you, some of the ongoing discussions and updates in our technology department teams. NEM Foundation Technology Department Update – July 2019.
✅ Catapult codename Elephant release with PoS+ algorithm
✅ Software Development Kits and Clients integrations
✅ Bootstrapped Online Portal project (Codename: NEM Academy)
✅ Spun off video series Catapult: Behind the Code with NemEspanol host Alexis Trujilo
✅ Opening of a working group (WG) with Catapult public chain release migration
✅ Started an Experimental Testnet for Catapult
Japan Community Update
Kindai University: OpeningLine
Our community member Daoka (OpeningLine) will be leading a Blockchain-as-a-Service educational program from July 1st to December. Students will learn how to create apps on NEM and develop them into live use cases.
Click here for more. (Japanese)
Business Development Update
NEM China Centre of Excellence (COE) moves into Chengdu Jiaozi Fintech Centre. Highlights include:
- Almost no additional cost.
- Chengdu Jiaozi Fintech Centre is the largest fintech center in southwestern China in which the best blockchain companies are working.
- NEM China COE is lead by Changke under the guidance of Jeff and Greg as a part of the NEM global technology talent team.
- The COE team is currently focusing on Catapult related development. Since the foundation’s pivoting to a revenue driven model, this team will also seek outside consulting service opportunities for Catapult to generate revenue in the future.
- NEM Foundation Co-Founder and Council Member Jeff McDonald, participated in multiple events during his trip in Taiwan, he was invited by the Taipei Computer Association to speak at InnoveX, a feature exhibit of ComputeX, to present his thought on how blockchain combined with IoT and various other use cases can make smart cities better. Watch the full session below 👇
- During Asia Blockchain Summit at the Marriott Hotel in Taipei, Jeff shared his insight about Financial Infrastructure on Blockchain with our Ecosystem Partner CEO of Konstellation Sang H. Lee along with other global experts. Jeff also talked about the experience for Ecosystem building of NEM at the side forum during the conference.
Partnership with Contentos. – TBD for announcement on Social Media
- VP Jason Lee moderated the Blockchain panel “Roadblocks and Roadmaps in the Blockchain Evolution” during Wild Digital with the Co-Founder & CEO of Bluzelle, Pavel Bains, Head of Strategy and Business Development of OneConnect Financial Technology, Jing Yao and Founder and CEO of Coins.ph, Ron Hose.
- Our Business Development Director, Leroy Mah hosted the Malaysian Business Angel Network #MBAN and Hong Leong Bank #HLB monthly pitching session with the tigers at Menara Hong Leong. Do you have what it takes to “Enter The Tigers’ Lair”? More information here.
- Our Business Development Director, Andy Roy Sian shared how Blockchain technology would catalyze digital transformation and its use cases during 31st Pacific Asian Consortium for International Business Education and Research (PACIBER).
- Blockchain 101 and Final Year Project briefing by NEM.io Jesyka Hiu & Andy Roy Sian for the Faculty of Engineering, Multimedia University (MMU).
NEM partners up with Asia Blockchain Review as one of the official content contributors to share and promote more about Blockchain technology as a whole.
Singapore Cloud & Datacenter Convention 2019
Meet Ivy Fung, #NEM Foundation Technical Trainer, at the Singapore Cloud & Datacenter Convention 2019 #SGCDC2019 on July 11, at Cassia Ballroom, Level 3, Marina Bay Sands. About SGCDC2019
- The NEM Team with the Adamson University (AdU) Manila professors during the “Train-the-Trainers” workshop held last June 17-18, 2019. Blockchain Elective Course will be soon implemented by AdU on their curriculum.
- The NEM Team with the Technological Institute of the Philippines Manila (TIP) professors during the “Train-the-Trainers” workshop held last June 27-28, 2019. Blockchain Elective Course will be soon implemented by TIP on their curriculum.
In business development, we have continued structuring alliances to generate income for the Foundation, one of which is the most recent alliances with the software development company “Eliptica”, for the launch of an application with Blockchain technology for the month of October. That will allow us to generate new income in the area of construction.
Pedro Gutierrez, from the 4th to the 5th of July, was a speaker in Mexico City, at the Blockchain Summit Latam, where he spoke about the news that our Catapult update brings and talked with important members of the Mexican ecosystem in search of business opportunities, more information in the next updates.
- Colombia, the first Technical WorkShop was successfully carried out with the University of Antioquia, where about 30 students of Systems Engineering were trained on our new CATAPULT technology. In the next few months we will repeat this workshop.
- Negotiations on postponing university trainers training until the launch of NEM native educational platform (NEM Academy).
- Started work with the segmented database of potential customers – few meetings and negotiations with segments “Public tenders”, “Auctions” – evaluating the possibility of developing a concept for them.
- Interview for “World of Laws” (Colombia) – NEM speaking about regulation (link coming in the next few weeks).
- Started to develop a “sports” client segment.
- Meeting with reps of the soccer team “Talleres” link- evaluating the possibility of developing a loyalty token.
- Participated in AMA with Gains
Council Member Anton Bosenko (@antonbsnko) recognized as one of the Top 10 crypto influencers in Ukraine!
Following the previously signed memorandum with The State Finance Institution for Innovations (SFII) signs MOU about collaboration with blockchain initiatives on education, governance, business ventures, and joint startup contest, Anton Bosenko, Council Member held a tripartite meeting with the Blockchain Association of Ukraine for joint future activities.
As a key speaker, Anton Bosenko run a speech about using blockchain technology for disrupting government processes and met with local community providing updates on latest NF progress and accomplishments.
GET TO KNOW THE FOUNDATION SERIES
Get to know the faces of the NEM Foundation leadership team in our new ‘Meet the Team’ series. Each week we highlight a new team member that shares about their background and what they’re currently working on. So far the following profiles have been published with more to come so stay tuned!
RFP Portal Update
NEM Service Providers | New Contract — Japanese Translators
If you’re a Japanese Translator and would like to work with one of the top leading blockchain solutions providers, the NEM Foundation would love to have you on board!
Learn more by clicking here.
Open: 10th of July 12:00 AM UTC
Close: 20th of July 12:00 AM UTC
Evaluation: Ends 30th of July 12:00 AM UTC
Interested? Sign up now!
How to register? Watch video below 👇
About NEM SP.
Partner Highlight Series
Get to know our NEM projects in our new ‘Partner Highlight Series’ where we learn more about their story, what they are currently working on and why they chose the NEM Blockchain. So far we have published an interview with KS Football and TheVault with a new project highlighted each month so stay tuned!
Blockchain in Supply Chain: Where are we now?
Technology Talk & Update at Malaysia National Library.
- Role: Presenter.
- Date: 1 August 2019.
- Time: 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Venue: Malaysia National Library, 232, Jalan Tun Razak, 50572 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
SABAH IT SYMPOSIUM “INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION 4.0 AND BEYOND: ISSUES, CHALLENGES AND WAY FORWARD for PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS.
- Role: Panellist (19 Aug) and Blockchain Workshop Presenter (20 Aug).
- Date: 19 – 20 August 2019.
- Time: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Venue: Sabah State Administrative Centre, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
How to utilize mijin?
- Date & Time: July 30, 2019 3:00PM to 4:45PM
- Location: KDDI Hall Tokyo, Japan
- Keynote speakers: Jeff McDonald and Alex Tinsman