This is a minor update for openssl CVE-2014–0224. Generally users of v0.8.7.1 do not need to upgrade to v0.8.7.2 unless they are using RPC SSL, a feature that is disabled by default and rarely used.
- Mac and Windows Official Gitian Builds: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1h for CVE-2014–0224
- Linux Gitian build uses Lucid 0.9.8k-7ubuntu8.18
- Mac and Windows: upgrade to openssl-1.0.1g for CVE-2014–0160
- All past Linux binaries were not vulnerable due to Lucid’s openssl-0.9.8k.
- Upgrade openssl, qt, miniupnpc, zlib, libpng, qrencode.
- Many bug fixes from Bitcoin 0.8.7rc stable branch including transaction malleability mitigation backports from 0.9.
- Add testnet checkpoints.
- Add new testnet seed.
- Windows only: Fixes issue where network connectivity can fail.
- Minor fixes:
- Display Litecoin instead of Bitcoin in the Coin Control change address dialog
- Fix custom build on MacOS X 10.9
- Fix QT5 custom build
- Update Debian build instructions
- Update Homebrew build
- Cleanup of SSE2 scrypt detection.
BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT BEFORE UPGRADING
Follow the directions on this page to find the location of your wallet.dat. Make a backup copy before you upgrade. This is the only file you need to recover if anything goes wrong.
Warning: Please use GPG to verify the integrity of the binary downloads. Linux, MacOS or Win32 cygwin command line GPG instructions are available here. The community wrote a Windows GPG4Win guide with screenshots which is available here. All builds are signed by the team GPG key C37E4723969276F5. The exact binaries for Linux and Win32 are reproducible with Gitian.
Discuss Litecoin 0.8.7.2 in this forum thread.
Support Litecoin Development
If you appreciate our work, please consider making a small donation to the Litecoin Dev Fundraiser. It takes a considerable amount of effort to guard against mistakes while working on this software. We also use funds to cover regular expenses like server infrastructure, hire a professional security auditor and other contractors, to pay a law firm to protect the project, and to produce an upcoming educational video about Litecoin. Businesses may be interested in getting their name listed in the sponsor list.