A new version of the ARK mobile wallet is ready for release! Bug fixes, UI improvements, and several new features are all part of v1.1. This new version consists of 50+ merged pull-requests, so a HUGE thank you is directed toward our amazing community developers.
Regarding the iOS version, we are still under review with Apple to get the ARK Mobile Wallet listed in the Apple App Store. The moment we get approval we will shout it from the rooftops.
For Android, go to the Google Play store and search for “Mobile ARK” to install or update.
Direct link to Google Play listing : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.ark.wallet.mobile
Bugs / Improvements / Features
- Change elements for PIN code buttons (some users reported PIN input to be slow and unresponsive, this has been fixed with a new implementation that speeds up the process).
- Add word validation when generating passphrase (to ensure you have written your 12 word passphrase, you must now write 3 random words from your passphrase to create and save an ARK address, similar to the desktop implementation).
- Backup wallet now available inside wallet options (opening the 3 dot wallet menu now gives you an option for ‘Wallet Backup’).
- Better UI for contacts and wallets (changed sort order to the following):
- — all contacts (alphabetical)
- — all wallets:
labeled wallets (alphabetical)
unlabled wallets (alphabetical)
- Added icons for contacts and wallets and show address for the contact / label on the second line.
- Searched words are highlighted within the results.
- 2nd passphrase registered wallets will now show modal when sending transaction (if the wallet has a 2nd passphrase registered, it will now ask for it before sending the transaction instead of simply failing).
- Use BigNumber for determining amount (fixes rounding issue where amount has a decimal within the transaction itself, which should never be the case. For example — incorrect decimal value
- QR scanner not working when sending (QR scanning problems were reported when trying to scan ARK address from QR code. This should now be resolved).
- Enable scanning QR code when adding new contact (previously when you tried to add a new contact, the QR code scanner did not save the address (and did not show an error either). This has been resolved and an error message will be displayed in case the QR does not contain a valid address.
- Limit on authentication attempts (block the user for a period of time after unsuccessful login attempts when entering PIN).
- Added check for weak PIN creation (After a user enters a 6 digit PIN, it is checked against a list of known weak pins. When a weak PIN is found, the user will be presented with an alert:
The user can decide if they want to keep the current PIN. When they press ‘No’ the PIN is cleared and they can choose again. Choosing ‘Yes’ sends the user to the confirmation screen. This gives the user an option to choose another PIN if they want higher security.
- Show addresses in detail transaction page (if you click on details of the transaction it now show addresses).
- Use user’s locale as default app language (the app tries to use the user’s locale as default language. If not available, it reverts to English as default).
- Remove “Delegates” menu item for Watch Only addresses (improves UI since “Watch Only” accounts have no need to vote for a delegate).
- Limit number of fetched delegates (51 active + 51 standby for quicker loading times).
- Removing bug when clicking more options for a transaction (if you went to your wallet -> clicked on a transaction -> clicked top right for more options it would break, since its contact could be undefined. Now this is fixed and will show Add X to contacts and send ARK to Y address).
- Fixing contacts (editing, deleting or adding a contact has been properly tested and should work as intended).
- Highlighting the label of the accounts (send confirmation modal and the transaction details page label now highlighted for better visibility).
- Improvements for Watch Only wallets (adds ability to manually enter address (instead of just passphrase) when importing a wallet and adds ability to convert a Watch Only wallet to a full wallet)
Some other fixes:
- Fixed TSlint & editor warnings.
- Fix for refreshing Market Price on Wallet List.
- Open external links in browser.
- Added Travis and add better TSlint rules.
- Fix race condition in increasing attempts.
- Don’t show error when PIN code dialog is closed (when signing in).
- Added tests infrastructure.
- Rename “Exit” to “Sign out”.
- Fixed delegate not set on wallet when importing wallets (when delegate not in top 102) and when delegate not set on wallet if registering for new delegate.
- Don’t show “Create label” action when wallet is a delegate (delegate name already displayed).
- Fix runtime error on profile creation page.
- Update wallet delegate status on refresh.
- Fixed rounding to always adhere to specified decimals.
- Update @types/node version to fix conflict with ark-ts.
- Show in explorer now makes use of external browser on transaction screen.
- Removed grey square that appears in the corner of some pages.
- Fixed issue with unvoting delegate.
Want to see it in your language for the upcoming releases?
Translate https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/ark-mobile/blob/master/src/assets/i18n/en.json and make a pull-request.
Found a bug or see a room for improvement?
If you spot any bugs or have features you’d like to see, … let us know on Github: https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/ark-mobile
Are you a developer, want to help out and earn some ARK?
Make sure to give our GitHub bounty a read and get involved:
We can’t stress this enough!! But here goes :
SAVE YOUR GENERATED ‘PASSPHRASES‘ YOU WILL NEED THESE — WRITE THEM ON A PIECE OF PAPER (EXACTLY LIKE SHOWN) OR SAVE THEM ON AN ENCRYPTED USB DRIVE. DON’T HAVE JUST ONE BACKUP, MAKE A FEW FOR THE WALLETS YOU WILL BE USING. IF NOT SURE, FIRST TEST WITH SMALL DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWALS SO YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT. PASSPHRASES ARE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY AND IF YOU LOSE IT, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU OUT! THERE IS NO PASSPHRASE RECOVERY OPTION!